Who are we? We are grown men who never forgot the childhood smells of hot electric motors and controllers, who dreamt of a really long straight and a Scalextric track with more than two lanes.
If you are male or female, young or old, and these thoughts take you back to halcyon days and you live in Oxford, or there abouts, then dream no more.
- We have a four lane circuit
- It’s very big
- Each lane has its own power supply
- We use “brakes” – three wires to the track so you don’t coast to a halt, you brake
- Timing to 1/100th of a second
- We use the Slotmaster race management software – some races require fuel pitstops
- We run traditional Scalextric and the excellent Spanish and Italian brands like Slot It, NSR, SCX and others
- We run our cars pretty much ‘box standard’ with minimal modifications so as to keep things simple – check the calendar for class-specific rules
- We have loan cars and controllers so you don’t need to bring anything other than enthusiasm
- We meet on the 1st, 3rd and 5th (as and when it occurs) Tuesday night of a month, 8:00pm at the Ramsden Memorial Hall, Ramsden (located midway between Witney and Charlbury, just off the B4022). If you are interested in having a go then drop us a line, or just pop along.
Meantime, please poke around the site and imagine the fun.